Influenza Immunizations (the "flu shot")
- Available on a walk-in basis each year from mid-August (probably August 18th this year) to December, Mon-Fri 8:45 AM to 6:00 PM and other days by appointment.
- We can bill Medicare Part B, Tricare, Uniform Medical Plan, Group Health, Regence Blue Shield and some versions of Medco for flu shot. When you come into our pharmacy, your immunization will be billed to the insurance you provide before it is administered to you -- so you will know what your cost is -- however, for the insurances listed above -- often the flu vaccine is provided at NO COST to you.
We would be happy to schedule an off-site clinic with you at your business/place of employment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or if you have any questions about the vaccines we offer.
Flu vaccine presentations to be available in 2014:
- Standard adult flu vaccine (trivalent = 2 "A" strains, and 1 "B" strain)
- Quadrivalent injection flu vaccine (quadrivalent = 2 "A" strains and 2 "B" strains)
- FluMist - the quadrivalent, live attenuated flu vaccine administered in each nostril of healthy children and adults (2-49)
- Preservative free vaccine -- especially for pregnant women.
We also offer the following adult immunizations year-round:
- Herpes Zoster Vaccine (Zostavax®). Click for information on this vaccine.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine (Pneumovax® 23). Click for more information.
- Hepatitis-B (Recombivax®).
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis Vaccine "Tdap" (Adacel® or Boostrix®). Click for more information.
- Typhoid (Vivotif®) given orally (4 capsules). Click for more information.
All vaccinations are prescription items. We have a collaborative drug therapy agreement with a local physician that allows us to prescribe and administer vaccines for you, as appropriate. Please bring your immunization record.
The following CDC's website provides a quick quiz to help you determine the type of vaccines you may need and other related information regarding to immunization: http://www2.cdc.gov/nip/adultImmSched/.